DALLAS, Nov. 27, 2018 /PRNewswire/ --
- It's all about the JOMO: If you hadn't heard, it's all about the "Joy of missing out" these days and getting off-grid, with Hotels.com revealing an 18% growth** this year in searches for remote destinations compared to last year
- #Remote and Freezing? Hotels.com is putting room nights up for grabs at the most #RemoteAF hotel for stays during March 2019 and it's picking up most of the room tab!*
- Itto-what? This won't be your average getaway. On this tiny island of approximately 450 residents at last count, you can go husky dogsledding, spot the Northern Lights if you're lucky, and paddle past icebergs the size of the hotel. Check out this video for some Itto-inspiration
Prepare to go seriously off the grid, as Hotels.com® puts the world's most #RemoteAF hotel on the map. It's the most remote and freezing location you'll possibly ever visit.
Set in one of the most epic locations in the world – Ittoqqortoormiit in East Greenland – you may not be able to pronounce it, but you'll certainly want to visit it. Hotels.com is putting rooms up for grabs for stays during March 2019 and is picking up most of the room tab.* This is not a drill, people!
With an 18% increase** this year in searches for off-the-grid travel compared to last year, Hotels.com knows that today's travelers are searching for unique and exceptional travel experiences. Searches*** for Greenland also increased by over 65% this year compared to last year, so we believe one of 2019's hottest travel spots is going to be one of the coldest places on earth.
Adam Jay, the newly appointed president of Hotels.com brand, an epic adventurer himself says, "You may not be able to pronounce Ittoqqortoormiit but trust me you do not want to miss out on this place. Greenland as a destination is really heating up – even though it's in the negatives most of the time! – as today's travelers are seeking those rewarding, once-in-a-lifetime experiences. This stunning island is an epic bucket list destination where you can go sledding with wolves, kayaking in the Arctic and maybe see the Northern Lights almost from your room. It's truly spectacular and the best bit is we're picking up most of the room tab!"*
How far will you go for the 'gram? Hotels.com is putting the far-flung town of Ittoqqortoormiit on the map for adventure-seeking travelers everywhere. Five reasons why you need to get off the grid in Ittoqqortoormiit:
- Go high or go home: There is no time to be afraid of heights, with the highest mountain in the Arctic, Gunnbjorns Fjeld (approximately 12,119 feet tall) situated within Ittoqqortoormiit's borders
- Views 'on fleek': The dancing green lights of Aurora Borealis light up the skies of Greenland from September to April, and this tiny town often boasts front row seats to this spectacular phenomenon. YAAASSS
- Time to get wild: The National Park of Northeast Greenland is the biggest national park in the world (not to brag, obvs), with unimaginable wildlife and wilderness. Ittoqqortoormiit is the gateway to the National Park
- Views for days: The town neighbors the entry to one of the world's largest and deepest multi-branched fjord systems, Scoresby Sound. From here, you can do some serious sight–slaying by hopping on a tall ship and sailing past icebergs, glaciers and even spotting some seals and whales
- Pics or it didn't happen: Practice long exposure photography on the Northern Lights and train a long lens on epic wildlife
Warning! This destination is not for the faint-hearted, as you may find polar bears and other dangerous wildlife roaming the island. Real adventurers only need apply!
The coupon code for the Ittoqqortoormiit Guesthouse is exclusive to Hotels.com and is available to book now until December 31, 2018 (subject to very limited availability), for stays in the month of March 2019 only. Apply coupon code "REMOTE" at checkout.*
Get a glimpse of this unique destination with Hotels.com here, and if you can't resist the adventure of a lifetime, head to Hotels.com or download the Hotels.com mobile app.
For further information, imagery or interview requests please contact:
Notes to Editors
*1% charge, taxes, fees and additional costs may apply. US and Canada residents aged 18+ only. Coupon is limited to one hotel booking per person, with a seven-night maximum stay. Room availability is very limited and coupon is valid for the first 217 bookings. Only available for online bookings made by December 31, 2018 for a stay completed between March 1, 2019 and March 31, 2019 with the coupon code "REMOTE" applied during the booking transaction. Travel to and from Ittoqqortoormiit and all other costs and expenses of any trip are not included in this offer. Coupon terms and conditions apply.
**Data based on keywords found in Hotels.com Reviews Data. Data shows % increased from 2017 vs 2018.
*** Based on Hotels.com search data. Comparing searches in North America for Greenland from January 1, 2017 - September 30, 2017 vs January 1, 2018 - September 30, 2018
About Hotels.com® (or Hotels.com™) Hotels.com is the most rewarding way to book a place to stay. We really love travel and we know you do too. That's why we make it really easy to book with us. With hundreds of thousands of places to stay around the world and 90 local websites in 41 languages, Hotels.com has it all. So, whether you're looking for value in Vegas, treehouses in Thailand or villas with views, it's all just a click away. And with our "Reward-winning" loyalty program you earn Rewardᶧ nights while you sleep and get access to instant savings like Secret Pricesᶧ…what could be better? Booking just got smarter too. With over 25 million real guest reviews and an app so easy to use that it's been downloaded 70 million times, you can be sure to find the perfect place for you.
© 2018 Hotels.com, LP. All rights reserved. Hotels.com and the Hotels.com logo are trademarks of Hotels.com, LP. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners. CST #2083949-50
ᶧNote: Reward Nights are exclusive of taxes and fees. The value of the reward night corresponds to the average accommodation price of the 10 previously collected overnight stays. Registration and booking are available through the www.hotels.com website, as well as the hotels.com app on the Apple Store and on Google Play. Secret Prices are available to Hotels.com app users, Hotels.com Rewards members and individuals who unlock Secret Prices on the website by subscribing to Hotels.com by email. Secret Prices will be shown where the "Your Secret Price" banner is displayed on your search results. Available on selected hotels and selected dates only. Subject to full terms and conditions.